Monday, September 24, 2007

The Marathon Begins . . . Again!


I started training for my second marathon today. Just got back from my first run and my legs ... jello. After running I realized I've got to get a little internal motivation. In 2002, I had the newness of the training, the journey. This time I am going into this eyes wide open.
:: I know how the miles are going to wear on me.
:: I know the aches and pains. I know how my body will tighten up a bit - in a good way.
:: I know how my energy will increase.
:: I know how good the discipline of running four times a week will do me.
:: I know what a great feeling it is to cross the line after logging hundreds of miles over sixteen weeks of training wearing out two pairs of Adidas Supernovas.
:: I know this is going to be good for me! I have to remind myself this is a marathon I'm in, not a sprint. Ain't that the truth!

No comments: