Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 - Top Ten


It's December 31 and want to review some of the top ten things that happened throughout this year. (Not in any order)

1. A visit from our friend/family - The Kitchen's. We enjoy our time with them and they enrich our lives deeply.

2. I kept my only resolution this year. To blog more than I did last year (35 entries total 2007). I cranked it up in December finishing strong with double digits. I plan to blog at least once a week this next year!

3. Joining the vision of The Crossroads. This time last year I was jobless and seeking God's direction. I learned much in the transition from CCV to The Crossroads one of which God's timing and direction really it best. We may think we have together. Ever so true: "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." - Prov. 16:9

God provided for us in such unexpected ways. Our house, a newer car given to us, various household furniture items, peaceful sleep were just a few of the many blessings.

4. I read many books. Two favorites were "It came from within" - A. Stanley and "Made to Stick" - C. Heath and D. Heath

5. Going to New Orleans on a short-term missions trip. Really put the need there in perspective.

6. 13 years being married to Melissa. She's the best thing that has happened to me. My love for her grows each year . . . I am grateful.

7. I don't like to admit it but . . . I am a MacSnob (as my wife calls me). I love my MacBook!

8. Our visit with the Cinfios. Gianna and Mikayla are cute together.

9. Going to the John Mayer concert at Glendale Arena with my bro! Good times, Good Music!

10. Playing in the worship band at with Joey, Andy, David, Gary, Steve, Mary J. and the rest. It stretched me once again . . . Good times to remember fondly. My favorite worship LP . . . (The only one I bought) my buddy Ricardo and His team rock!\

11. I recognized growth (physically, mentally, spiritually) in my boys this year. They are becoming great young men of God. Their personalities have really developed. Dangerous Boys Club, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Football in the rain, Our trip to Guitar Center, and the Rocket Launch this past Christmas were major highlights!

OK - that's it. I actually had 11. 2007 was a redefining year for me. I trust God deeper, appreciating my family members more and want others to know they matter to God!

No comments: