Friday, March 14, 2008

39 is the new...29


March 14 is my birthday. I can't remember when it wasn't sunny on my birthday. Got to love spring time!

Looking forward to a great day:
_7:30 am - awaking to breakfast in bed (Oatmeal, toast, pineapple juice)
_ 8:30 am - Taking the boys to PE
_9:50 am - Going to Starbucks with the family
_10:15 am - Going to see "Horton..." movie with the family
_12:15 pm - Eating Lunch with my bro, mom-in-law, sister-in-law, and family
_2:00 pm - Getting the boys new shoes (may get some B-ball shoes too).
_4:00 pm - Return home
_7:00 pm - Light dinner (watching movie on iTunes - "Changing Lanes")

Now that's a great day!

Plans for year 39:
_I plan to exercise more - playing hoops, running, riding my bike to and from work!
_I plan to pray more. I am craving more of God in my life. Need to grow closer!
_I plan to work less. When I am home I want to be home and not "finishing" what I didn't get done.
_I plan to read more books. See work less ... I read a lot just want to read more.
If 40 is the new 30 . . . 39 is the new 29? I feel like I am 34!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, snap! Doug Lake is 39??? No way. 32, tops.

Anyway, happy birthday buddy. Wish I was there to celebrate it with you.

New shoes? Is that allowed?

D.Lake said...

Brian - Thanks for the B-day wish. You and Danny are gold!

Here are the rules and yes shoes make the short list of exceptions.

http://buyinglesslivingmore.blogspot.com/2007/12/12-month-compact_30.html