Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm my own worst critic. I don't need others ...

How do you handle criticism? You know what I am talking about ... the kind that comes from and is disguised as encouragement or instruction from "that guy" you don't have relationship with.  

I was "encouraged" this past weekend over something I did (or didn't do well enough in this person's perspective) over two weeks ago.  What the heck?  Isn't there a statute of limitations on criticism?  I usually consider the source and move on ... which is exactly what I did.  

It's amazing how words stick with us? For some reason this instance has latched on to me.  I am confident in who I am (I think) and my giftedness which makes me wonder what is at the heart of the matter - for me.

I am doing good, really I am.  I worked it out and gotten some good insight from trusted people in my life.  Makes me want to guard myself from being "that guy" and make sure I am encouraging the heck out of people.  

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT):  11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.



So ... How do you generally handle criticism?  A. Consider the source and move forward  B. Anger / Defensiveness  C.  Throws me for a spin 

This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.astaro.com

Posted via email from For What It's Worth 2.0

1 comment:

Adriano said...

This question is really worthy! If everyone asks oneself about criticism every moment, we could save up much time of needless discussions!
Great thoughts!
Best hopes

Adriano