Friday, January 18, 2008

Favorite . . . . Guitarist


I like lists.  Letterman's Top 10, Best Team Ever, Best Burgers in Town . . . you get the picture.  


Today I read an article about one of my most favorite guitarist. This is the first time a Christian artist has been featured in Premier Mag. It reminded me of how cool he is besides being a great guitaritst.  His personal instruction and direction changed paradigms in music for me.  It shows the impact someone can have, if only for a short period of time.

Not in any order:
1.  John Mayer - his cool factor is off the charts, can make SRV's licks sound like his own, and can write a good song!
2.  Lincoln Brewster - Getting to hang around him, for the selected moments in Modesto, made me want to be a better musician.  Just makes playing the guitar look fun.
3.  Wes O'Haire - Not as known, yet, as the others on this list but should be.  Groove, style and soul.  Well-rounded - can play Rock, Jazz, and Classical in the same set!  Heppest of cats and great friend.
4.  Joey Bombaci - The dude knows his stuff and his licks.  Can look at a guitar and tell you the make, model and serial number!  Enjoy his company.  Joey can be heard on any given weekend in the Alt. Service at CCV.
5.  Stevie Ray Vaughn - Need I say more.  All the four mentioned above own him gratitude.  Heart and Soul blues - "Little Wing" and "Pride and Joy" are my favorites.
Had the privilege of playing with three of my five favorite.  The honor was mine!

**Note:  Joey's picture was not available at time of push-button publishing.  He has a great dome!

Do you have a favorite, not on this list? Let me know.

1 comment:

Melissa Loves Color said...

I'm looking forward to reading about all of your favorites!