Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting things done - day 1

Time is our most valued resource. Once it's gone it can never be replaced.

If you are like me, you may struggle with productivity. Part of it is AAD (adult attention deficit - yeah I made that up) but part of it is much on my plate and deciding what needs to be done today and what can wait.

Mark Sanborn wrote an article about how we can be more productive in our everyday lives. I want to share segments for the next couple of days. I hope it will help you .... and me!

"There is one common ailment facing America today:
even though we are doing more, we are accomplishing less. For instance, a client recently wondered, "How do you balance the various components of your day to achieve the right allocation of time?" He mentioned that his time had "competitors": work, family, sleep, education, exercise, recreation, meals, and a myriad of other activities.

How does one get more done and get more results out of each day? But...why should we get more things done?


First,
we need to increase our productivity so that ultimately we can have more time to spend with the people who really matter to us. Second, the better we get at managing our time and increasing our results, the more time we have to do the things that we want to do.

Our challenge is not to put more time in our lives, but to put more life in our time."


Tomorrow, I will share 6 questions to ask ourselves about our own productivity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, let's see what you have to share. I feel like I am constantly at battle with time and productivity.

* Get kids to school on time
* Get to work on time
* Get to meetings on time
* Get projects done on time
* Have a productive work produced
* Have dinner on time
* Complete and help with homework on time
* Spend quality time with each child (which is my goal each day)
* Spend meaningful time with husband
* Find a non-chaotic, quiet place in home

All of this with AADD - or what the family lovingly calls my blonde moments.