Sunday, October 05, 2008

Marathon Update

I finished my first week of runs. I waited (kind of on purpose) to run til dusk tonight. Not sure why but I really like the evening run. The weather was great although there was a lot of traffic. I was to run 5 miles today but purposely ran a bit more...was feeling strong.

Here was my playlist (my most favorite yet):
Where the streets have no name - U2
Unbreakable - Michael Jackson
Everywhere I go - Lincoln Brewster
Are you gonna be my girl - Jett
Typical - Mute Math
Song of Hope - Robbie Seay Band
Lonely no more - Rob Thomas
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
How He loves - Kim Walker
100 - Tommy Simms
If I never see your face again - Maroon 5 (feat. Rihanna)

My surprise of the runs was "How He loves." It's not a typical workout song at all. It's in 6/8 time but the lyrics really inspired me tonight.

Any recommendations for workout songs?

2 comments:

Todd Oldenburg: Banning, CA said...

When I run I have a few that pump me up. Thought I'd share.
*Only The Young - Journey
*Sweet Home Alabama - Can't remember
*You Can't Bring Me Down - Pillar

Derrick Logan said...

Love the playlist... especially lovin the Foo, Mute Math, and Maroon 5/Rihanna stuff.

Check out...
Disarray (Lifehouse)... Who We Are is a great album.
Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
Run (Hillsong)
Bigger Than My Body (John Mayer)... gotta have a little Mayer in there :)